Monday, May 2, 2011

Lets get this straight.

Im a true slacker to this blog but now that spring is here I plan to post more and keep you all more up to date. I havent been active lately because well I wont lie ive been lazy. Stressed out at work and at home mixed with depression has sent me down a spiral that is rediculously hard to get out of and i feel horrible. Luckily no weight gain if anything ive lost a few more pounds...havent gotten on the scale lately mainly because of the depression part.

Ive started taking St. Johns Wort and Ginko for my depression. If i can go herbal i definately try that before a harsher alternative that could have insane side effects on my body. Ive been checking my blood sugar lately...it has been a bit high which i know is NOT good...So with that said today i took a step. I have several friends who are on weight watchers and are loosing weight. So ive signed up for the at home kit. I cant make it to meetings because i dont have transportation but if i have this in my life i will definately stick by it especially since im seeing results around me. Im kind of excited about this really. A little expensive for the home kit but its a one time payment deal and you get the calculator, pedometer, cookbook, lunchbox, diary and more! This will help me so much...I hope.

I really want to beat the idea of diabetes and i just dont know how to do it so hopefully with this weight loss plan i will head in the right direction. I do know that my pants have been fitting much looser lately so i suppose that is a good thing even though its slow progress it is progress non the less! Its a total overhaul of my life so to speak. A new way of thinking and doing. And with the threat of diabetes staring me in the face i think its time to tackle the demon head on and ATTEMPT to be the first in my family to beat it. No one says i will but i want to try if i can.

Like i said in the beginning when i first started this blog i dont want to be a size 0 or anything like that. Im not doing this for anyone. I want to be healthy, i want to be happy, i want to be active, i want to be able to say i beat diabetes, i want to say i can fit into those cute jeans and that cute shirt. For my own satisfaction and no one elses. Im opening my eyes to a whole new world of possibilities by taking this step. Im even considering quitting smoking as well. Not right now i need to focus on the start of weight loss since i know quitting you tend to turn to food and gain weight. 1 step at a time...hopefully weight watchers will be a step in the right direction for me. I need this. I want this. I can do this! Now this will mean that when i get home from work dont just sit there and look at the computer or the tv, go for a walk, do some in home exercising since gyms are just to expensive, just try to stay active, make dinner at a decent time for once, and then relax and unwind before bed. Like i said total life syle change...i just hope Dustin can handle it!

Wish me luck and if you have ever done weight watchers im open to opinions of it and tips!

No comments:

Post a Comment